Yukon Elevate Tourism Program (Elevate)
Please note that as of November 3, 2021 the Yukon Elevate Tourism Program is no longer accepting new applications to the program.
If you are looking for ways to elevate your tourism business, the Elevate Workshop Series is ongoing and is free to anyone in Yukon’s tourism community. Find more information below.
The Yukon Elevate Tourism Program (Elevate) provides an opportunity for the Yukon’s tourism industry to contribute to a rethinking, restructuring, and rebuilding of tourism in the territory so that the industry can be more progressive, impactful, and sustainable.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Elevate 2020/2021 program was designed to respond to the disproportionate impacts of the crisis on the tourism industry and to be better positioned to thrive now and going forward.
This new Elevate program will run from October 2021 to March 2023 and will continue to support Yukon’s tourism industry as we start the long road towards recovery and plan together for the future.
Get in touch with the Elevate team
Please note that while we strive to get back to clients as soon as possible, response times could be up to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.
- 867-667-7698, ext 201
Looking for a contractor for your project?
Contact one of the following Chambers of Commerce:
Yukon Chamber of Commerce
Yukon First Nation Chamber of Commerce
Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce
Watson Lake Chamber of Commerce
Frequently Asked Questions
How do the funding tiers work?
Please see the examples below to learn more about which funding tier would best fit your project.
75% funding tier
- Example of maximum funding amount: Total project budget is $40,000. Elevate will fund 75% of the total project budget up to $30,000 max. Therefore, at a $40,000 project, the recipient would receive $30,000 from Elevate and the recipient would be financially responsible to pay for the remaining 25%, which would be $10,000 to complete the project.
- Example of under maximum funding amount: Total project budget is $20,000. Elevate will fund 75% of the total project budget, which would be $15,000 and the recipient would be financially responsible for paying for the remaining $5,000. To complete the project recipients must show receipts for all expenses including their 25% contribution to prove the project is complete.
100% funding tier
- Example of over maximum funding amount: Total project budget is $12,000. Elevate would fund up to $10,000 at 100% and the recipient would be financially responsible for paying for the remaining $2,000 and must show receipts for all expenses including the costs they covered to prove the project is complete.
- Example of under maximum funding amount: Total project budget is $8,000. Elevate would fund the full $8,000.
Are in-kind contributions considered eligible for the 25% contribution? No, all contributions are based on actual expenses with receipts.
If I received funding from Elevate in 2020/2021 for a product development project can I apply again for a product development project? Yes, but your project must not be similar to your previously funded project.
Can I access Elevate funds and another fund to complete my Elevate project? Yes, but the two funds must cover separate expenses. You cannot have one expense covered by both funding programs.
Are Atlin businesses and organizations eligible for Elevate funding? Yes.
Can my project have a total budget of over $40,000? Yes, as long as you can cover the costs above the maximum funding amount of $30,000.
Elevate Workshop Series
As part of the Yukon Elevate Tourism Program TIA Yukon and the Elevate partners will be presenting a number of free workshops for Yukon tourism professionals on topics intended to elevate and educate Yukon’s tourism industry on key topics.
Elevate is TIA Yukon’s response to COVID-19 effects on the tourism sector through a unique partnership between TIA Yukon, the Wilderness Tourism Association of Yukon and the Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association. The program is funded by the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency with support from the Government of Yukon’s Department of Tourism and Culture.