Yukon Tourism Development Strategy
The Yukon Tourism Development Strategy is guided by the core values expressed by Yukoners and lays out a ten-year vision for tourism to be a vibrant, sustainable component of Yukon’s economy and society for the benefit of future generations. It also includes goals that balance economic, environmental and social priorities, and is supported by strategic actions to bring the vision to life.
The strategy is the culmination of a fourteen-month process to develop a long-term vision for sustainably growing tourism in the territory. Guided by a steering committee of industry experts, the strategy was developed based on best practices around the globe and comprehensive engagement with tourism industry stakeholders, Yukon First Nations, municipalities, the arts and culture community and the public.
The Yukon Tourism Development Strategy Steering Committee has recommended Sustainable Tourism. Our Path. Our Future. to the Government of Yukon. This recommended strategy lays out a 10-year vision for tourism to be a vibrant, sustainable component of Yukon’s economy and society for the benefit of future generations. It is the culmination of a fourteen-month process to develop a long-term vision for sustainably growing tourism in the territory.
View the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy
View TIA Yukon’s Submission to the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy
Yukon Tourism Advisory Board (YTAB)
- advise the Minister on how to achieve industry-government alignment in the implementation of the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy (YTDS);
- regularly review the YTDS to ensure that it remains relevant and takes into account the evolving nature of the industry locally, nationally, and internationally;
- advise on the implementation of YTDS priorities and action plans and the achievement of the vision and goals of the YTDS;
- advise on budget allocations specifically related to implementation of the YTDS;
- advise on issues the Minister wishes the YTAB to consider; and
- bring forward to the Minister strategic issues the YTAB deems important for achieving the goals of the YTDS.
- Requirements: of the 7 voting members:
- 3 will be selected to bring a tourism business perspective to the Board’s deliberations;
- 2 will bring a Yukon First Nations’ perspective;
- 1 will bring the perspective of Yukon’s cultural and/or heritage sectors;
- 1 will bring the perspective of Yukon’s communities; and
- of the above voting members, 1 must also be able to bring a francophone perspective, and ideally 1 will bring a youth perspective.
- Read the terms of reference
Learn more about receiving a letter of support from TIA Yukon for a YTAB application here.