Looking for financial assistance to fund training for your tourism career? The Yukon Tourism Training Fund (YTTF) may be for you!
Funded by the Government of Yukon’s Economic Development branch, the YTTF is administered by TIA Yukon. The main purpose of the YTTF is to provide tourism training that is responsive to industry and employee training needs. The fund contributes to achieving a more qualified Yukon tourism labour market that can support an increasingly competitive industry.
Here are examples of training courses that are eligible under YTTF:
- First Aid courses
- Language courses
- First Nation 101 course
- Rafting/Canoeing/Guide training
- Financial Literacy (i.e., bookkeeping)
- Online Marketing Training
Not sure the training you’re interested in would be covered under YTTF? Get in touch with us at email@example.com to find out!
As this fund is becoming increasingly competitive with each intake, please take the following steps to ensure that the committee can make an informed decision regarding your application:
- Applications must be received prior to the start date of the training. Application submitted after the start date of the training will be automatically rejected.
- Evidence of admittance into the program – registration document or receipt for full or partial payment
- If taking training outside of the Yukon, a course or program description from the institution or a link to it has been submitted
- Proof of Yukon residency has been provided – photocopy of Yukon health care card, driver’s license or ID card.
- A strong, training-relevant letter of support from an employer or Industry representative has been submitted
- A full, detailed budget has been submitted
- You must fully answer to questions in the application form and provide all mandatory documents. Additional information provided after the decision of the YTTF Committee will not be accepted.
- Only typed applications will be accepted
YTTF intakes are 4 times per year
NEW: Intake deadlines are now on the 15th of each May, August, November and February. In the event of the 15th being a weekend or holiday, the intake deadline will be extended to the next weekday.
The next intake deadline is February 15, 2023
Criteria / Guidelines:
Should anything change on your application before the intake deadline, please contact TIA Yukon at firstname.lastname@example.org