Press Release June 26, 2020
TIAY VIRTUAL AGM on June 19, 2020
TOURISM INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION OF THE YUKON Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on June 19th, 2020.
We are pleased to provide the draft agenda and an invitation to this meeting:
TIAY Annual General Meeting
Friday June 19, 2020
1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Virtual Attendance Via ZOOM
To register for the AGM please check our newsletter for the zoom link or send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Chair – Neil Hartling
- Call Meeting to Order
- Confirmation of Quorum (10 direct members)
- Approval of 2020 AGM Agenda – motion to approve
- Approval of 2019 AGM Minutes – motion to approve
- Remarks from the MP
- Annual Reports
- Chair’s Report – motion to approve
- Executive Director’s Report – motion to approve
- Sector Reports from board members
- Financial Reports
- 2018 – 19 Reviewed Financial Statements – motion to approve
- Draft 2019-20 Interim Financial Report to March 31, 2020 – motion to approve
- 2020 – 2021 Budget – motion to approve
- Waive the audit for 2020-21 – motion to approve
- Appoint Crowe McKay as accountant for 2020 – 2021 – motion to approve
- Members Open Floor
- Other Business
- Short Term Rental Agency looking for support
- Daniel Sokolov – CTRC application open until the end of the month
- Adjournment – motion to adjourn
Please note that only current members of the Tourism Industry Association of the Yukon may vote in the general election.
Please note that the 2020 Yukon Tourism Industry Awards have been postponed – date tba!
Information regarding the Yukon Employment Standards Act and current lay off provisions:
Employers can apply for an extension, from 13 to 20 weeks, under the existing legislation. If an employer wants to pursue the extension, they can email email@example.com or call (867)-667-5344.
We recently have received answers from the Yukon Government to questions that came from the Tourism Industry.
Please see the following document:
2020 Yukon Tourism Awards of Excellence – Postponed
June 10, 2020 – Due to the recent situation that businesses and operators find themselves in and the necessary adaptation that it requires, the TIA team & board has decided to postpone the 2020 Tourism Awards of Excellence to a later time this year. Stay tuned for a date to be announced.
The Tourism Industry Association of the Yukon’s Tourism Awards of Excellence were established to recognize and foster excellence in the Yukon’s tourism industry. The awards allow the industry to recognize those people, places, organizations and events that have gone above and beyond to offer superior tourism experiences to travelers in Yukon.